Does your dishwasher need fixed? Skip the paper plates and contact us!
Call us at (510) 241-3637 to get affordable and fast dishwasher repair help.
You will get the best rates as we only charge you for parts and labor.
WE WORK ON ALL DISHWASHERS:
- Built-in, countertop, drawer, and portable dishwashers.
- All types of residential AND commercial models.
- We also fix commercial dishmachines and glasswashers!
Whether you have a basic home dishwasher unit, or something more complex like a flight dishwasher, our Berkeley dishwasher repair specialists can get to the bottom of your problems.
Need an emergency commercial dishwasher repair? Hit us up right away : we know how important it is to act fast -- after all, a broken flight dishwasher can set a business behind by upwards of 500 dish racks per hour!
In our past experience with dishwasher repair jobs in the Berkeley CA area, we have fixed the following types of dishwashers:
- Door dishwashers (most residential models)
- Conveyor dishwashers
- Flight dishwashers
- Pot and pan dishwashers
- Undercounter dishmachines
'Should you repair or replace your defective dishwasher?'
A residential dishwasher should last you around 9 to 16 years, while a commercial dishwasher is expected to last for roughly 20 to 25 years.
If you are looking at repairing or replacing your home dishwasher -- consider the expected replacement cost, how long it would last if just repaired, and roughly what the repair would cost you.
A good rule of thumb is to stick with paid repairs for the first four years before considering any alternatives; if you face a repair cost of 50% or more of the replacement value, getting a newer and more efficient model might make more sense if your dishwasher is already at least seven years old.
For commercial dishwasher repairs : it will almost always make sense to just pay for the repair, unless you have outdated machines. This is especially true when you consider how the top-level commercial dishwashers can cost more than $50,000 a piece -- a lot more than what you can expect to pay to repair such a machine.
'How expensive are commercial dishwasher repairs?'
Since the figures vary a lot, you will be hard-pressed to find any relevant stats for average commercial dishwasher repair costs.
It really depend on what needs fixed and which parts are necessary to complete the repair. If you are repairing a $50,000 dishwasher -- chances are the parts will be a fair bit more than they would be for a $5,000 model.
So if you need a new heater in your commercial dishwasher, that heater could cost $500 or it could run you $2,500 or more. It all really boils down to the machine that′s getting fixed, but call us up with the specifics to get a more accurate idea.
'How expensive are home dishwasher repairs?'
Our Berkeley appliance repair experts will finish the job while paying respect to the Major Appliance National Service Price Guide. This is essentially the official handbook for appliance repair professionals. Much like how mechanics reference their manuals for quoting the labor hours required for a repair -- we make sure your mileage will not vary.
However , it is true that a home dishwasher model can easily be costly to fix. This is because they are low value appliances when compared to your other major home appliances. So each service hour, or even a diagnosis without a repair, could cost a fair portion of what it would run you to replace the appliance.
With that all in mind, it is a good idea to take on cheaper dishwasher repairs always but anything costly should be deeply evaluated first if your home dishwasher is already five or more years old. As most dishwasher repair jobs run between $100 and $150, anything pricier could easily come close to the appliances′ replacement cost.
Thankfully, you will get the fairest shake possible if you entrust our Berkeley dishwasher repair experts with your repair job. We say this confidently because we will only invoice you the amount we pay for replacement parts and your service labor.
'What′s wrong with your dishwasher?'
Here are some of the common problems we deal with:
- Broken door. A broken door must be replaced to prevent flooding. Fixing your dishwasher door could be as simple as swapping the hinges, latches or springs. These are all cheap little fixes to make. If any panels need to be replaced, this will make for a costlier repair.
- Leaking problems. If the leak is caused by a broken door, chances are it will not be difficult or expensive to fix. In fact, usually it is as simple as replacing the door gasket after its′ seal breaks. However, if the leak formed through the drain lines or the supply pipes, or if anything nearby was damaged by the water, it can become an expensive job.
- Not turning on. Sometimes a dishwasher will fail to turn on because of a simple problem with the door or a switch. Although it could be something much more serious, such as the motor or certain electrical components no longer working as they should. If there are electrical issues with your home causing the problem, then you will face an even larger bill through a qualified electrician to resolve the issue.
- Failing to drain. If your dishwasher is not draining properly, the first thing to check is whether there is a blockage that′s stopping water from pumping out. If that is not the case, it could be an issue with the motor or the pump. Worst case scenario, the issue lies within the home waste pipes, they burst and leak everywhere, and you face a hefty bill through a qualified plumber.
- Weak performance. If your dishwasher is failing to clean dishes effectively, some basic maintenance might bring it back to its′ original working order. A qualified appliance repair professional will be able to deeply clean and service your dishwasher to achieve these results. However, performance problems relating to filters, hoses and valves, or the motor or pump, can make for a costly headache.
NEED YOUR DISHWASHER FIXED? CALL (510) 241-3637 TO BEGIN!
Hopefully you are not one of those people that are gullible enough to believe that hand-washing dishes can save you money. The most obvious costs are water use and electricity for heating the water. It's claimed that an energy efficient dishwasher can easily save 5,000 gallons of water every year. It's a no-brainer, use a dishwasher 100% of the time. However, make sure to wait until the dishwasher is full if you want to maximize your energy savings. If you need to clean a single item, such as a frying pan, then feel free to do it by hand.
Berkeley Appliance Repair Works